Artist in Residency at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa
The beautiful and well-known Sanctuary Resort and Spa on Camelback has created an Artist in Residency Program for the 2018-2019 season, providing their charming Concierge Room as an exhibition space. This program is offered to Arizona Artists as an opportunity for exhibition and hands-on workshops, as an opportunity for the local community to view the work, and as a wonderful opportunity for Sanctuary’s guests looking for an authentic cultural experience of our artistically diverse region.
Further information , including the Application Process,is included below. Prior to applying the artist is strongly encouraged to visit and review the space. Click Here for Directions
Sanctuary Resort and Spa
5700 East McDonald Drive
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
Do not contact the Sanctuary directly regarding this program. All questions and applications should be directed to the Program Curator, Artist Linda Margaret Kilgore at email@example.com
Residency Period is October 1 through March 31.
· To allow Sanctuary Resort guests, members, and the community at large to engage with local working Artists
· Opportunity for local Artists to
This Residency offers /functions in / 3 parts:
· The Reception: Held on the lovely Paradise Views Patio, with an introduction of the Artist, and with elegant refreshment and wine; with a brief Q and A if the Artist desires.
· The Exhibition in the Concierge Room, which will be up for 1 month to 6 weeks; (to be determined). The work is available for sale, but the artist is responsible for making their own arrangements for the sale, and for any delivery, etc. Sanctuary will not be responsible for artwork sales/purchases.
· The Workshops: the artist is responsible for 1-2 workshops during the Residency Period, and will be paid $125 per participant. The participant will sign up through the Resort, and the Resort will pay the Artist.
The Artist’s responsibilities include:
· Installation and de-installation of artwork at the appointed time
· Participation in the Artist’s own Reception, and attending the Receptions of the other Artists in Residence
· Pricing and (that thing that tells about each piece of artwork)
· Conduction of any sale of their Artwork, from start to finish. Delivery of sold item, after the closing of the period. Sanctuary will not facilitate sales.
· To Produce and accomplish workshops at the appointed time; and in a desirable manner
· Applicant must be a Professional Artist, working in Arizona
A full application includes the following:
· Personal contact information
· Artist Bio
· Artist Statement
· 5-7 images of current work—the work you want to show
· Head shot
· Working shot
· Working methods
· Detailed workshop proposal
Incomplete applications will not be considered. You will be notified regarding your status on August 1, 2018. Applicants not chosen for the 2018/2019 Residency season will be kept on file for the 2019/2020 season.
If you are interested in being considered for one of the six available positions, please submit the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org between May 1 and July 15, 2017.
See the Sanctuary’s Artist in Residence page on their website Here
An initiative of Beth Ames Swartz’s Artist’s Breakfast Club, and curated by Artist Linda Margaret Kilgore, the Sanctuary Artist in Residence program offers an opportunity for Arizona artists working in a variety of mediums to exhibit and sell their work in a beautiful and uncompromising environment.